OMG I'm such a horrible blogger... I completely forgot about my January roundup! You might be asking yourself why would I still post it this late in the game? 'Cause I'm on a bid to be the subscription boxes queen of the world. lol. So far, I've only missed the October and November SaladBoxes, and the October BDJ box, back when I hadn't heard of these glorious little things yet.
Delivery: Last week of the month. Received January 11, as a consolidated December-January box. If you want to know what happened there, click here.
Theme: Beauty for the Better
7 items + 2 bonus items and 4 vouchers = 13 total items
4 skin care, 2 cosmetics, 1 hair, 1 nails, 1 fragrance
- Pantene (International) Pro-V All Day Smooth Miracle Water, 250ml - Php 249
- Snoe Beauty (Filipino) Beso Balm, twist tube - Php 149
- Flormar (Italian) Supershine Nail Enamel in 378, nail polish bottle - Php 99
- Flormar (Italian) Longwearing Lipstick in L21, lipstick - Php 349
Full-Size Average: Php 1057.60. This is different from the figure on the December Roundup since I picked up a typo on the price of the Pantene product.
*The FSA is the average of all the full-size prices of the samples, excluding vouchers.
Addon: I'm so bad at this. I can't remember if they had contests 'cause I did this thing way too late. There was a BDJ Journal that came with this box as an apology about the December cancellation/delay.
"Brands are so-so but the quantity is definitely a plus. Product diversity is also improving. Even though they gave a lot of full-sized products, I noticed that these were the most inexpensive items." - from my December Roundup.
|My January GlamourBox|
Delivery: Scheduled on the second week of the month, arrived January 18.
Theme: Beauty Resolutions
3 skin care, 3 makeup, 1 makeup accessory
- LA Splash (US) Enlightened Creamy Eyeshadow Base in Illuminating - Php 400 / 5g
- KJI & Co (Malaysian?) Lip Staysss in Dolly Blush - Php 410 / 2g
For more info on the items, check my unboxing here.
Full-Size Average: Php 2 025.71. That's a fucking expensive box.
Addon: I don't remember! I better just remove this criteria for the next two -_-
I loved the number of makeup samples; I could live on skin care and makeup samples, actually. Also: that's a fucking expensive box.
|My January SaladBox|
Ships out: Around the 21st. Got mine either third or last week of January, I can't remember. And now I've learned my lesson not to delay my roundups -_-
Theme New Year, Better You.
5 items + 2 vouchers = 5 total items
4 skin care, 1 makeup
- Sophia by Virginia Olsen (Filipino) Eyelash Enhancer, Php 2750 / 5ml
- Ysabel's Daughter (Filipino) Revitalizing Facial Serum, Php 960 / 30ml
- Missha (US) Oil Control Paper, Php 140 / 1 pack
- Amuse (US) Eyeliner in Gold, Php 150 / 1.9g or 1 long-ass pencil
Full-Size Average: Php 832.
I don't know if the Sophia is much of a New Year's treat because while full-sized, it was manufactured in Aug. 2011 and is set to expire on Jul. 2013. 4 out of 5 items are full-sized, now that's a treat! Admittedly, I'm not too excited and I guess it's 'cause the oil control film is pretty lame. If you're not going to go by quantity, each and every item must kick ass in terms of quality.
|My January SampleRoom purchases|
100 free points to spend. 1 point for every review.
Ships out: Immediately. Got mine in two days.
- Moringa O2 (Filipino) Malunggay Lotion, 25 points only for the full size 125ml. What a steal!
- Ahava (Israeli) All in One Toning Cleanser, 60 points / 30ml sample.