Loving You Lately: Silicone Outer Mask
In recent weeks I've been trying this Silicone Outer Mask. I got it some time ago from Daiso Japan for JPY 100 I suppose, I don't really remember. And I don't know what it's really called, but it's not to be confused with disposable silicone masks or cellulose masks because this is for multi-use and has EAR HOOKS! Finally, when I say 20 minutes of mask-waiting is relaxing me-time, I can say it sincerely because I don't have to spend 20 minutes in bed-ridden anxiety about my sheet mask falling off!
- I can wear glasses over my sheet masks. I used to do them without the outer mask anyway, but now everything's just cleaner~
- I can gracefully and elegantly pat down my sheet mask without getting a handful of essence.
- I'm stopping chin exercises. I don't need to keep my head in a parallel angle to the floor just to fight gravity's disrobing effect on my sheet masks.
- I'm stopping chin exercises. Has it been good for my double-chin all along that I do chin exercises along with my sheet mask sessions?
- It's too warm. I chill out in an air-conditioned room and this breaks me out in sweat by the 15-minute mark. I assumed that the silicone material wouldn't be a big problem based on my experience with cellulose sheet masks, but realized that cellulose is not silicone and definitely more breathable. On a side note, the packaging does indicate that it should be used during a hot bath so that your face can steep in warmth and detox. (Yes, I'm a polyglot.... No, I totally did not rely on those pictograms. You're welcome.)
The heat is too much sometimes, but I just tell myself that it's nice to let my pores suffocate with sheet mask juices under a silicone mask.